Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Want to Know More? Discover More!

St. Peter Claver has a wonderful relationship with Scholastic (check out how awesome our Book Fair was here), and one of my favorite aspects of Scholastic is that all of their books are interesting and appealing.  I even find the non-fiction books they publish interesting!  (For me, this is a big deal--there are people out there who love non-fiction and informational books, but I am not one of them!)

One of the best informational series I have "discovered" is the Discover More series by Scholastic Press.  They have eight books in their "Expert Level" series: Disasters, Titanic, Rocks & Minerals, Technology, Ocean & Sea, Elements, World War II, and Night Sky.  Our library currently has three of these books, and I can't keep them on the shelves!

These books are great because they are very picture-heavy (appealing to a visual learner like me), but they don't shy away from giving in-depth information on a high vocabulary level.  They are also laid out in an appealing manner, and each page grabs you with colors, pictures, fonts, or timelines.  I think these are a great information resource for any age, and I can't wait to get the rest of the series in my library!

For more information, check out http://www.scholastic.com/discovermore/.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To Comment: Please type in your comment in the Comment box. Then choose Anonymous from the drop-down list. If you would like your name attached to the comment, you need to type your name in the Comment box. Finally, click Publish to post your comment to the blog.